Upblog is a website system. The site/blog is generated from pages/posts which you write in markdown. You write an HTML template to present all of your pages, and tell it where to put your post content, the page title, and the navbar... everything else is automatic!
What's cool about Markdown?
- You can read the source files really easily.
- Go and look at the source file for this post!
- That means the posts are forwards compatible; you can easily change them to another format in the future.
- It's easy. You don't have to mess with a rich text editor or HTML, but you can do either if you want!
What's cool about Upblog?
- There's no database!
- Your file structure organises your blog posts
- You don't have to add any metadata - it's all in the file (and its properties...)
- It runs on practically any cheap webserver, because it runs on PHP
- Upblog belongs to everyone (because I put it in the Public Domain)